Thursday, July 22, 2010

Incognito & Birthday Bash winner!

Did you know that ATD, Momenta has a Super Hero line of paper??
As soon as I saw it, I KNEW it was a must have in my stash.
These 2 projects were made with the
cardstock version of this paper pack
(but it is also available in a page kit, if you like to get all the
co-ordinating embellies and paper in stop shopping.)

I especially had fun with this LO because
I got to experiment with paint splatters.
I FINALLY found out the trick to it-take a bit of paint
and add just a wee bit of water to it,
mix it up, let loose with a toothbrush
(or even a small paint brush which is what I used)
and then wait for it to dry (the waiting was the hardest part for me ;).
I was REALLY happy with the way this one turned out.
I also used my new Dollarama find-alphabet beads.
You can get these at craft stores
(I priced them at Charlottown Walmart at $5+
2 weeks ago, so I went back to Dollarama (West SJ)
and bought another pack-just in case.

All supplies are ATD, Momenta EXCEPT White cardstock (Bazzill),
Alpha beads (Dollarama), Paint & white corrugated cardboard (Dollarama)

I want to leave you with this last project.
This is an 8.5x11" kraft binder
(made out of recycled materials)
that I picked up at Zellers last school season
(I hope they keep selling these-it's a DREAM if you like to alter things!).
I bought this for the purpose of scrapping my
Little Man's first year of school
(which is starting in September-YIKES!!
But I will save my crying and blatting for another blog post ;) )
I normally scrap 12x12" layouts but in all honesty,
the amount of 12x12" LO's
that I have to put into albums is getting to be a little overwhelming, 
so I have decided to scrap 'school stuff' in this format. Binders and page protectors are
MUCH more cost effective, easier to load and easier to store.  
I just hope I can remember to scrap them in the 8.5x11" size.
I think I put this project together in under an hour. I left the kraft color
showing for the most part,
just layered a contrasting color under my funky
Super hero paper, added a few matted die cuts and
'Voila! A master-pizza!!!' (said in my best 'Painter Smurf' Voice).
This will house all the scrapped milestones
& fun things Little Man does in his first year of kindergarten.  
Hopefully I can get it all into 1 album.

***********************************************
If you are still here and reading-
THANK YOU!
I sincerely appreciate that you visit
my little corner of the internet.

***********************************************
***********************************************
OH and by the way! I got THIS and THIS in the mail last week.
(along with THIS which I promised to give away to
one lucky blog follower!)
And it's number 6-Gisele!! 
Email me your addy at cindysinfo (at) hotmail (dot) com and I will send it out to you!

True Random Number Generator

Result:
6



Powered by RANDOM.ORG

***************************************************
***************************************************
 
Happy Thursday!!

4 comments:

Tina McDonald said...

You are simply AMAZING! I bow down to your scrappiness! You did FAB with this paper!!!

Julie said...

Love the layout! Perfect colors for the photo! Great title too.Congrats to the lucky winner!

Gisèle said...

your LOs are amazing:-))
thank you for winning the RAK:-))
can't wait to play with it!

Gisèle said...

received my package today Cin-Cin,gonna use it for my birthday celebration I had in June:-))